Monday

November 9: match



This weekend was the InterVarsity Ohio Fall Conference for all the colleges and universities in Ohio. We were studying the stories of the blind beggar and Zacchaeus, each about a man being seen by Jesus in some way -- being found in the crowd. Our staff team really wanted the students to feel "found" and "seen" all weekend. We had this idea to send them into the lobby of the conference center for 20 minutes while we prepared a party for them on Friday night. We asked them to try to meet new people and figure out the craziest connections between them -- maybe some of them were related and didn't know it....or had been born in Nebraska (two women actually found each other and figured that out). Prizes were to be awarded. Even so, I was sort of dazzled by the enthusiasm with which they took the challenge. Two people, from two different states - Ohio and Tennessee - figured out they were in the same building for a musical in North Carolina a few years ago. I really wanted to hear the whole conversation that got them to that point! *Anyways* I went out in the lobby to check on them while they were finding connections and of course started taking pictures of people in lively conversations. I was excited to find a match of my own!!!! I think I deserve a prize too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I didn't know better, it would almost seem like you're calling Meg and guy with orange hair a match. thankfully, that's not the case. She'll be delighted to hear that she's in this picture though.
-Zack