Friday

November 8: the lowry paper pile-up



Who is doing this?!?! My goodness! Every time I walk into the back door of the student center I am dazzled by how stressed out the newspaper stand seems to be. Who is in such a hurry loading the newspapers every week? I want to ask them some questions: Is everything okay in your life? Are you not getting paid enough? Do you derive enjoyment from throwing the newspapers around? Perhaps, I could just park myself out right on that corner until I meet them. That might be a little awkward though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, yeah, it does look a bit disheveled. But if you look closely, you can see three distinct areas of papers that are stacked somewhat uniformly. My guess is that people might miss a day and then go digging for that past issue they missed, while inevitably shifting all the papers higher up in the stack, and pulling a couple pages out of the ones that are left. Or, you could have a couple conserving students who return their newspapers to the stack after they're done. The next issues just get stacked up on top of the recycled ones that, while put back with good intentions, weren't folded back to their original crisp-clean lines version when un-read. Or maybe throwing papers into a bin is just therapeutic. This may have some interesting twists and turns behind it. I think you should investigate Annie. I'll be waiting for a good story.

Anonymous said...

what a horrible desecration of wooster's voice! i am appalled!

Anonymous said...

You are quite the detective. Thank you for figuring that out with very limited resources!

Waltzman said...

Annie, I can't help but laugh as you bring life to that photo with your valid questions...while Greg and Katy bring in further humor. Bravo to God, for giving us the opportunity to bring laughter into the lives of others!