Saturday

November 2: birdhouse and baby



When I scrolled through the pictures I had taken this afternoon, I was too lazy to erase this picture. It just looked like a blank white screen because of the light exposure. For some reason, it caught my attention tonight when I uploaded them onto my computer (I'm sorry to all the cats out there who were not chosen this evening -- Spinky, Chicago, Wooster, you will have your day, as I'm sure you will remain very cute and photogenic)...I spent some time at Lakewood Park this afternoon as I love to do. There was this adorable little girl running around chasing squirrels and laughing hysterically. I love how small she is next to this birdhouse; and the ways they each seem to be moving in different directions. This giant birdhouse hotel holds a special place in my memory. Many a scorching summer morning, while wearing a navy blue non-breathable uniform, playing third base for "The Bulldogs," I was distracted by the flurry of activity about it. Even in my "Oh, look a bird" like state we were undefeated! Which is quite funny if you are familiar with the synopsis that goes along with my personality type description.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're going to do the vote again...this one takes an early lead I'd say. Wow. It's so ghostly and alive all at once.
-Zack