Monday

November 11: words



When the blind man in Luke's Gospel meets Jesus, Jesus asks him the question, "What do you want me to do for you?" That question has always struck me....isn't it apparent what the man needs? OB-VIOUS-LY, he's blind! Yet, Jesus entreats the man to put words to his need. Perhaps to acknowledge his need for help aloud, perhaps as an outward sign of his belief that Jesus could do something about his problem....probably both. Jesus didn't just walk around zapping people to get well. *Anyways* One of my biggest hopes for the conference was that students would begin to put words to the places in thier lives and souls where they needed healing, freedom, forgiveness, or wholeness. I was encouraged that many of the students did just that. This picture is a station I set out for the prayer room at the conference. I spelled out "WHAT DO YOU WANT" with the tiles and I found this crossword puzzle when I went to clean it up. The students had done some business with God here and I pray that they recieve their requests (perhaps that the person desiring perfection would be satsified with progressive sanctification!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE this photo! And it only got better once I read your description.
Not only do I love Scrabble to begin with, but using it to provoke thought and prayer makes it even more awesome!

Anonymous said...

I went to check out the prayer room at the conference and when I left I thought, "that scrabble board would be an awesome picture of the day!"- I'm glad to see that it made it

Paul

Anonymous said...

I'm liking the margins desire. Not sure what it means....but I like how it's on the edge of the board.
-Zack