Tuesday

September 30: without permission



I realized that I really love taking pictures of people most -- more than plants, pets or architecture. Today, I think I got shy. See, I met a lot of interesting people. There was this gentleman at church who introduced himself to me as Uncle George. He had a habit of yelling out "Jackpot!" at the end of his sentences which kept catching me off gaurd. I was sort of a captive audience as a result. Becky (and Uncle George) go to a church in downtown Lancaster that is 265 years old. It is where President Buchanan went, which I don't think they spread that little piece of information around too widely because he is considered by most to be the worst president in our history. But hey, a president is a president, right? Anyways, this church really ministers to all in the city from those that are well and working to the down-and-out who find community there. It is a neat place and I really love it. ***Anyways ***all that to say that I really wanted to photograph Uncle George -- or Megan, this sweet nuerosurgeon who actually gets to sew up people's brains every Monday, but I totally chickened out! There is something that feels intrusive about asking someone if you can photograph them, but maybe I will get better at this in time. Thus, today you have this picture of a weed growing out of a crack in a rock. I didn't need to ask its permission. So, there you have it.

No comments: