Friday

October 12: Friday Night Football



This is what my family does for fun. We flick things at each other. My brothers have made the largest collection of paper footballs I have ever seen in my life. The goal here is distance, not accuracy...unless you hit Annie in the head and then it's high-fives all around. They love me. And I suppose that I'm in good company because they give bonus points for knocking over my great-grandmother's picture on the mantle-piece as well. They love her too. Don't let that freak you out too much; I'm positive that if dear Wilma the bookbinder was still here today she'd laugh really hard about that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your family, annie. but who is wilma the bookbinder? she sounds fascinating...she should be in your family if she isn't already.

speaking of football, how did the lakewood rangers fare tonight?

Anonymous said...

Is your dad sleeping in the middle of all this? Oh, and tell him I'm digging the stash.

Anonymous said...

I think so! He was pretty zonked...I really appreciate how he never remembers to take his hat off after coming inside. That's my dad.

Wilma is my Great Grandma and she was a seamstress and a bookbinder. She had character.

The Rangers did great all the way until the fourth quarter and they met a sad demise. It's wierd, I think that was my last Lakewood football game where I actually had a vested interest in watching someone i cared about play. I don't know when I'll have a chance to do that again.