Friday

October 4: I'm NOT eating those



I have some very resourceful friends. They reduce, reuse, AND recycle...but today I felt that the reusing spirit was going a little bit toooooooo far. Julie brought over cookies for dessert and though they looked delicious, the fact that they were living in a bag previously occupied by KIDNEY was enough for me to decline. I'm not usually too picky about these types of things, but that combo was not working for me no matter how well you washed that bag out. AND, might I add, it seemed to go even beyond Julie's level of commitment to the environment. I mentioned this to her and that I wondered if she might consider keeping the meat ziplocs seperate from the non-meat ziplocs in the future. She just laughed at me like I was the crazy one.....turns out, kidney was referring to the bean. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Of course. That didn't seem quite as eww....and the chocolate chip cookies were amazing. Can I just say that Julie Draper is one of the most amazing cooks/baker's I have ever met? I'm saying it. I hope that she gets the job working at the pie making shop that she applied for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad this bag has been immortalized on your photo blog...and that i now finally know what you posted on here about me that people kept referencing. ;-)

Anonymous said...

my only experience cooking with julie was the night i ate more hot dogs than any human should ever consume in one meal... i want to try some cookies and/or kidney beans sometime!

Anonymous said...

Well, if Barbara Hampton's Surprise is my favorite picture - then this was my favorite commentary, well, actually tied with the "Brake 4 Kids!" :)

-JulieMarie

Waltzman said...

I concur JulieMarieLongAcre
(are you related to
JohnJacobJingleHeimerSchmidt?)

This commentary on Draper's Kidney cookies was as funny as Nov 8 "the lowry paper pile-up"

Note: I am still working my way backward through the photoblog since I just learned of this wunderbar website today 11/27/07