Friday

October 19: Spoonful



A giant spoonful of Glorianne! I realize that the ropes make the whole thing look illegal, and perhaps the ropes were trying to prohibit our enjoyment of the spoon...but she wanted so badly to sit in it and I think I was in denial. So, there you have it!

Today, our staff team got to experience a little taste (ha! I don't even try to be punny...I always just realize it as it's coming out....I'm so sorry you have to suffer through that) *anyways* we got to experience a little taste of the Milwaukee Urban Project (a.k.a. MUP, which is fun to say). I'll tell you, there isn't many things that I enjoy more than seeing new places....and it's even better if I get to experience it with someone who calls that place home and loves the nooks and crannies off the map. I'd say that has been the most memorable part of any place that I've traveled because it makes ME love it TOO! Today, the MUP coordinator Jen did just that for us. Whereas once Milwaukee to me was just some city in Wisconsin that made lots of beer, now Milwaukee is a real place with real people. That actually feels a lot more profound than it must sound right now. We saw some incredible things happening in the city today and also some really hard things. It reminded me that to follow Jesus is a wild ride -- up and down and all around -- hearing from his followers here demonstrated how it is so worth it to follow and he promises to be with us through it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

annie..
your blog comments are starting to read like excerpts from your prayer letter (meaning they are profound and funny in a kind of offbeat, parenthetical humor and point to Jesus).

see you tomorrow! :-)