Monday

October 21: Why is there a tree in your kitchen?




Time spent with Emily never ever lacks in intrigue. I had a most wonderful pitstop in Chicago on my way back from Milwaukee. I didn't think I'd get to see Emily until December, so it was an extra nice surprise that we were able to stop!

I had a hard time choosing a picture today, let me tell you! There was the Morton Salt Girl tattoo, the car-bumper nanny goat, the giraffe couple, or the polar-pop photo shoot in front of Wrigley Field. All of this within three blocks of Emily's apartment. Being anywhere with Emily makes for an adventure....it really doesn't matter where you are.

So, as you can imagine, I was presented with a tough choices, but this blew them all out of the water! It is what I found in Emily and Julia's kitchen. Julia apparently found this tree, a deserted victim of a hit-and-run on the sidewalk. And being Julia, leaving it on the sidewalk was not an option....she had to bring it home with her and stick it in the kitchen! Saving the trees, even dead ones. She has plans to turn the branches into a window treatment somehow. I hope to see exactly how that turns out. But for now, it makes for a nice accent piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was tempted to pick one of your lovely landscape pictures, but this is my October picture of the month pic. I like the girls in dresses looking up at this tree that doesn't seem to belong and yet does... :)
Susie (Lindsay's roommate:)