Wednesday

October 17: Tufty goes to Milwaukee



I just wanted to title a picture "Tufty goes to Milwaukee" really, AND I was so tired by the time I reached the hotel that this was about the extent of the photography I was capable of! I drove through Chicago in high traffic today -- in a mini-van -- and I didn't die!

Tufty is my duck. Julie (of the Longacre variety) gave him to me for my birthday a few Urban plunges ago (how appropriate is that?!) He accompanies me everywhere I sleep. Funny, I was never one for a security blanket or teddy bear when I was little. Maybe I'm regressing. Anyways, he's looking a little homesick here; that was unintentional. I just thought he looked nice on the poofy comforter.

Anyways, I am here in Wisconsin for the next few days to consult with other people like me from all over the country. People who bring college students to the city to experience what God is doing there and to show them how to be the irrigation system for the "justice rolling down like waters" that God talks about in Amos. Tonight I learned that since 1992, InterVarsity has brought over 20,000 students to the city on urban projects! Yay! That means 20,000 of this nation's world changers have been exposed to the front-lines of what God is doing in our nation's urban areas. America's cities -- the places where culture, ideas and business go forth -- are in rough, rough shape. I'm praying that God will use us to redeem these broken places and show us how to do it.

Ok, bedtime....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is pretty cute, even if a bit sad looking....
-Zack

Anonymous said...

This one definitely gets my vote. Little tufty is just too cute.
-Zack