Saturday

November 30: lady and her harp



Ok. I'll admit. This is not a very good picture, I was very far away and trying not to be a bad audience member by snapping pictures. But, this was the essence of my evening. Hannah and Barbara and I enjoyed the Wooster Chorus Christmas concert. It was really beautiful and I particularly loved this harp lady. She seemed to be really enjoying herself up there. I don't often see serious musicians have the expression of, shall I say contentment and absolute pleasure that she had (granted, she was playing a harp which is by its very nature sort of serene). I was really proud of her too, because at one point one of the strings broke and she just played on like a real trooper....she even went on to do a rather long solo without that string and nothing seemed amiss.

No comments: