Monday

December 23: e-n-e-r-g-y



When I woke up this morning I was feeling a little sad. I've been surrounded by lovely people for the last week which I am so grateful for, but there is something about going to church by myself that makes me feel really lonely (especially when my students are gone for break). But my day didn't end up at all like I had expected. I felt like God had planned a whole day for me filled with many people I love...Here are a few nice memories from my day:

- an effortless rendition of my favorite Christmas carol, "O, Holy Night" at church
- Sitting next to Becca H. (I hope your family is feeling better!)
- "Can I have your grandama peez?" (My little friend Judah asking to use my camera, which he calls a grandama)
- Eating fried chicken and playing Waterworks with the Hembrees and the Millers!
- notice Benjamin gnawing on the slipper in the picture above :)
- a very friendly greeting at the Gibson's door (sorry about the tree :)
- The Hampton's warm house with lots of toys and a chocolate fountain
- Julie and Ellen playing music and 27 people squishing around to sing Christmas Carols
- Eleven children aged 7 or under taking their turn blowing out all the candles
- snow!

I hope you had lots of good little moments today too :)

No comments: