Tuesday

December 25: talking with Great Grandma



This is Joy, my cousin's little girl and my grandma. My grandma looked so pretty tonight with her Christmas outfit on and her pearl earrings and her hair all curled. It was probably the last Christmas party we'll ever have at my grandparent's house as they will be moving to an apartment soon. They have lived there for over fifty years! They moved there just a few months before my mom was born, so there is lots of history from her and her five siblings growing up there. And we've all smushed into that cozy bungalo for many different kinds of parties, card tournaments, and from what I understand even roller skating nights in the basement. When I was little, I took every opportunity I got to sleepover at their house. My grandma always let me sleep with the fan on (even in January) which I loved and my parents would never let me do -- understandably. And I think the most distinctive thing that I love about my grandparent's house is the way that my grandma always stands at the door when we drive away and blinks the light on and off until we're out of sight. That little gesture always means so much!

1 comment: