Friday

December 20: Santa Express



Let's just say that I have a love for public transportation. Ever since I was little I thought of it as an amusement park ride all over the city. This is crazy, I realize, but I have never really grown out of this dilusion. So, when I go someplace new that has a train system of some sort I like to go for a ride - anywhere. I had never been on the "El" before, but Emily promised me we could go.

So, we set out for the station and were waiting for the red line on the platform and what to my wondering eyes did appear -- the blingy-est looking train I ever did see. there was tinsel all over it and blinking lights, and then an entire car length of open air where Christmas trees were planted and Santa was sitting out in the freezing cold open sleigh. It stopped, the doors opened and elves emerged handing us candy canes and welcoming us aboard. Mind you, I have never been on the El, but this did seem like a rather extravagent production. Very Polar Express like.

There was no indication what color or line this train was, but we got on just because it was so awesome looking. It was GREAT! The Chipmunk Christmas was playing and there were special candy cane poles. Someone had worked hard. Apparently, this is the special Santa Express train that mysteriously appears at various stops. I must say that I was disappointed that people on the Santa Express did not seem joyous at all -- as you can see here (not joyous). As for me though, I felt like one lucky girl -- it was the best public transportation display I've gotten to experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is very nice bling indeed