Friday

August 25: quotables



I forgot to take a picture, until I was about to fall asleep. So, I took one of the bookshelf next to my bed. It's sort of a simple commentary on how much my life has changed in the past five years. I used to love quotations. I collected them and would write a new one down every day to put in my friend Maggie's locker. It was one of the many little distractions I employed to keep myself sane (and attending) high school (ask me about fake flower extravaganzas, Galsmaltalhaler, 2nd Tuesdays of the month, and bubble-skating rinks...I was not lacking in diversions :). I didn't notice till just today how long it's been since I even looked at one of these books full of the gems of dead people. Not that there is not wisdom contained there, surely there is. But now I find that all the gems I really need are contained in one place, the Word of God that uncannily fits into my purse. It was a good realization. Then I fell asleep.

No comments: