Wednesday

August 13: Squishy



I found this chart at the library today. Because my squishy fruit disdain seems to regularly become a topic of interest at meals, I thought you might appreciate an annotated pictorial rubric which you can consult regarding my fruit preferences. Hopefully this satisfies your curiousity at some level.

Additionally, for the record:

  • I love the flavors of all of these fruits it's just the texture that I find to be unpalatable. For some reason, squishy vegetables have never been a problem for me.
  • No, this is not my mom's fault. She provided me with plenty of opportunities to try different fruits throughout my childhood.
  • I love street names that have fruit words in them (Cherry Street, Lemon Avenue, Peach Lane...) and even hope that maybe someday my return address could bear a fruit name of the like.
  • I think fruits are beautiful, even the ones I don't like and think they are an amazing creation. Sometimes I wish I could just like peaches, because in theory they seem so amazing.
  • And finally, I have been to far away lands and eaten insects, and assorted unidentifiable delicacies that I just pretended were vegetables in order to eat them and keep my hosts and hostess feeling happy. I can and will eat anything if necessary, and until you eat some bugs too, I will not be accepting any snide remarks about my choice to not eat orange slices :) Thank you very much.

The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for publishing this extremely helpful bit of reference material, annie. i think this chart helps give words to the complex needs of an entire generation of highly particular fruit-eaters, myself included.