Saturday

June 13: fake flowers are forever



That's what I always say, anyways. In high school I'd bring a beautiful basket full of fake flowers to school every valentine's day, sweetest day, and day before spring break and just pass them out to people...That may sound crazy, but it made people so disproportionatley happy to the gift that it was really worth it. Some of the flowers had hot glue drops on them to look like water droplets...my English teacher who was on Jeopardy but may not have fared so well on Survivor actually watered one of the fake flowers I gave her for 3 months before she figured out it wasn't real. That was a sad day. *Anyways* This morning, I stuck this giant gerber daisy that Cheryl gave me like four years ago on our balcony garden. It needed a little color. And, later while I was sitting my couch typing away I noticed something flitting around out of the corner of my eye. It was a sweet and very hyper humming bird. That little buster was so determined to get nectar out of that fake flower that he hung around for about thirty seconds trying away. I felt simultaneously delighted to be visited by a hummingbird and guilty of false advertising. Where did he come from? I am just hoping he didn't fly too far out of his way.

No comments: