Saturday

March 15: 25 trips around the sun



March 15th....Julius Caesar was murdered, 10,000 zealots committed mass suicide at Masada, the buzzards come back to Hinkley...and I WAS BORN!!! Yay! I like to think that I can maybe add a little brightness to the calendar on that day, because it's got kind of a rough past. I just love birthdays. I love that we all have one and that they come every year. And I've always liked being born in March. Spring is my favorite season, it just sort of starts feeling like spring in March and it always sort of feels like a new beginning. I made my annual birthday trip to the West Side market to have falafel with my dad and brother Bill. And we ate up in the balcony, the best kept secret in town. It was a nice surprise to see you there Case friends! Good day. My mom made me mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner, and we had lemon cake with my family. And my grandparents recounted how they met and how great it is that my great-grandma let my grandma go out on a date with my grandpa because otherwise there might not have been an Annie -- I enjoy those kinds of historical conversations a whole lot. And now I'm tired and think I will go to bed. Hope you had a good Ides of March too!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happens if your birthday falls on a Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday? Like last year and next year? Do you just put off the trip?
-Zack

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Annie!

Julie said...

Zack, Can't you just let her enjoy her traditional moment... :) Annie I am glad you had a wonderful time and unlike Zack You and I like to look at the postive moments in life:)
Just Joking Zack :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Julie! Oh dear Zack, you are always in pursuit of being accurate. It is true that my birthday has fallen on those days, but at least once in my birthday week I go (does that satisfy you? It better.) :)