Saturday

FEBRUARY PICTURE OF THE MONTH

It's that time again, to vote on your favorite pictures of the month!

Click on 'Comments' to leave yours.

Also, guess what? I just got the internet installed at my apartment (thank you Al Gore)....so now I can update these pictures for your procrastinating pleasure, daily!

Many of you have been asking me what MY favorite pictures of the month have been. So here you are...the top three (I am very indecisive) of each moth.

1. September 5: Face-off
2. September 9: One Disgruntled Clown
3. September 19: Smile

1. October 24: Flowers in Oct.
2. October 29: Ohio
3. October 21:Why is there a tree in your kitchen?

1. November 3: A Duck
2. November 8: Lowry Paper Pile-up
3. November 9: Match

1. December 25: Talking with Great Grandma
2. December 1: Last of the Pumpkins
3. December 14: Stars on Ice

1. January 27: Hannah's Hat
2. January 16: Steamer
3. January 17: Not What I ordered

I realized that my favorite from each month was usually one I took spontaneously and somehow captured a moment just as I saw it. That is very gratifying!

There are two other common themes of what I liked best. One is that there are images that just struck me as funny (like the two people with orange hair in the same frame) or the newspaper stand even though neither of those are very good pictures in any other sense. The other theme is when someone, like my dentist or the random people I met in Chicago posed for a picture for me. I find those pictures most charming because I associate them with the conversations leading up to the picture and the fact that those people were willing to respond to my request so perfectly! It's impossible to separate myself from the sentimentality of meeting new people and taking their pictures. I'm sure there are probably rules about in photography class...but since I have never taken one I guess I don't really have to abide by those rules!

So, yes, those are my official opinions up to this point. It makes me happy to know that you pay attention to my pictures every day and that you have opinions about them too. It's added some sort of little spice to my life (I'm not exactly sure what spice it would be, but you know....)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Market Street.
-Zack

Anonymous said...

This was a hard month. Since you got to choose your top three, I'll give you my top three as well (in order).
1. Annoyed
2. Parched Water Colors
3. Snowy Day

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I can pick just one from this month, you have some pretty sweet pictures in February. Very artistic. I love the picture of Dr. Tims's cat, also the flipped sign on february 1, and for some reason am attracted to the clean pot on february 18 (this might be wierd, but true). But I think my favorite is "parking security" on february 11. It makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

as for spices, i vote for cumin because it tastes good in foods as disparate as felafel and ground beef.

as for pictures,
1. my spot
2. snowy day

i'm a sucker for beautiful winter days.

Anonymous said...

another vote for snowy day! classical beauty... i love when how trees look glazed in ice.

annoyed is a very close second.

Anonymous said...

Snowy Day Is my pick

Jen said...

First, I just want to say that I love reading and seeing your entries because they inevitably lead back to a memory of Wooster and/or you. and even though I'm far away, I feel at home when reading this blog.

Second, I vote:

Feb. 2: Charlize
Feb. 13: Picture from my bed (how I've felt over the past month or so due to gray and precipitating skies)
September 17th: Spinning plates. (has anyone else noticed that it's dated for september? Is there something you are particularly looking forward to in September, Annie?)

lots of love,
Jen.