Saturday

May 9: emily melts



Tonight I got two hours with my dear friend emily (who will always be from Cleveland, but now lives in Chicago). Though it wasn't much time on the clock, I'll always take what I can get and I've found that whenever we're together we can pack it in. My brothers created a welcome committee to meet her at the airport. One of them dressed up as a chauffer with a mullet and a sign to pick her up. They made me hide behind a pillar next to the escalater and the others hid behind other pillars with various recording devices to capture the moment. I thought we were going to cause the airport security to move into code orange or something. Instead the airport staff was sort of endeared towards the little mullet man and waited to see Emily's response. It was not how I expected to spend my Friday night but it was pretty great! After that we visited Sebastian the parrot for a few minutes, Neil Diamond's "Coming to America" also played a role in the evening, and then the best part was finding a seat at the bar at "The Melt" As you can see Emily loves, loves, loves grilled cheese sandwiches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite restaurant in Lakewood! (With El Tango Taqueria as a close second.)