Thursday

September 26: Play-by-Play at Marietta McDonald's



I had good company tonight. Zack and Paul made the trip to Marietta with me (thank you!) where I spoke at their InterVarsity chapter. Andrew got back in time from his admissions counselor travels to come and be my teammate in a three-legged race. We lost, but that was appropriate as I was speaking about humility. Didn't that just work out nicely? (We still had AMAZING technique if I do say so myself) The most charming part of the evening was sitting on this curb eating soft-serve, all the while listening to a running commentary from a dark 3rd floor apartment building across the street. This person was getting a huge kick out of himself, staring through binoculars and yelling out things we were eating, doing, and hoping we'd do...like he was a film director or something. Then Dan showed up and being Dan began to try to figure out how to get this individual into conversation and share the gospel with him. With Dan, this scenario would have been totally possible!...but it was late and there was a long, foggy drive ahead of us, so we let that one be a hypothetical. Maybe next time.

No comments: