Monday

September 24: Who knew?



So, after I put up yesterday's picture I took this one....it was midnight-ish, so it is counting for today because I think it is pretty sweet. Apparently, two times a year on the autumnal and vernal equinox, the earth's tilt conditions are jussst right to allow an egg to balance on end. I did not believe this until Julie made me try it and it actually worked! This is "Mythbusters" for people without television, like myself.

As you may know, I have a bad attitude about the fall season. Let's just be honest. I am trying to work through it but you know, it's a process and I'll take whatever I can get to make it more appealing. This whole egg thing made the inauguration of fall a whole lot cooler.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That egg looks like it is propped up....I can see the strings. :P

I'm glad your finally seeing how cool fall can be.

Anonymous said...

Actually an egg can balance on end on any and every day of the year. It is a common misconception that has been around since long before I was born. http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/egg_spin.html has some information.

I love the photo-blog!
~Mike Krivicich

Anonymous said...

i. love. this. blog.

i'm going to stop commenting now, i swear!