Saturday

July 9: wierd E.R.



Today was sort of a whirlwind. One of the students in my family group dislocated her elbow (I must say that she was a really tough cookie through the whole ordeal) and we found ourselves in the emergency room. It had a strange waiting room. There was a small collection of videos which sort of flabbergasted me: Chucky, Bad Boys I, Liar Liar, Poltergeist, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and to round out the set, Homeward Bound. I can't really imagine watching Bad Boys while someone I loved was in the E.R. But maybe that's just me. This was one of the nurses and her dog in his carrying case. She was very friendly and had lots of pictures of him (even though he was right there for viewing). I didn't think dogs were generally allowed in medical facilities. But, he didn't seem to be making anyone sneeze, so that's good.

No comments: